Best DUI Attorney in Blairs Virginia 24527
Find Best DUI attorney in Blairs Virginia 24527. Been arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The chances of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Blairs or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Blairs Virginia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Blairs VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Blairs Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Blairs Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI