Best DUI Attorney in Cedar Springs Georgia 39832
Find Best DUI attorney in Cedar Springs Georgia 39832. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Cedar Springs or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Cedar Springs Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI attorney in Cedar Springs GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Cedar Springs Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Cedar Springs Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI