Best DUI Attorney in Colquitt Georgia 39837
Find Best DUI attorney in Colquitt Georgia 39837. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The chances of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Colquitt or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Colquitt Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI attorney in Colquitt GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Colquitt Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Colquitt Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI