Best DUI Attorney in Cuthbert Georgia 39840
Find Best DUI attorney in Cuthbert Georgia 39840. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The chances of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Cuthbert or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Cuthbert Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Cuthbert GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Cuthbert Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Cuthbert Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI