Best DUI Attorney in Damascus Georgia 39841
Find Best DUI attorney in Damascus Georgia 39841. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Damascus or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Damascus Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Damascus GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Damascus Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Damascus Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI