Best DUI Attorney in East Ellijay Georgia 30539
Find Best DUI attorney in East Ellijay Georgia 30539. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in East Ellijay or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in East Ellijay Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI attorney in East Ellijay GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in East Ellijay Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in East Ellijay Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI