Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31217
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31217. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI