Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31221
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31221. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI