Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia 31297
Find Best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia 31297. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Macon or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Macon Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI attorney in Macon GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Macon Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI