Best DUI Attorney in Merrifield Virginia 22120
Find Best DUI attorney in Merrifield Virginia 22120. Been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on representing your DUI defense.
The chances of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Merrifield or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Merrifield Virginia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Merrifield VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Virginia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Merrifield Virginia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Merrifield Virginia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI