Best DUI Attorney in Thomson Georgia 30824
Find Best DUI attorney in Thomson Georgia 30824. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully beating DUI charges are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Thomson or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Thomson Georgia will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Thomson GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Thomson Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Thomson Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI