Best DUI Lawyer in Jackson Georgia 30233
Find Best DUI lawyer in Jackson Georgia 30233. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated dui lawyers who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The odds of really beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Jackson or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Jackson Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Jackson GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Jackson Georgia.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Jackson GA: What to Do If Charged With A DUI