Best DUI Lawyer in Montezuma Georgia 31063
Find Best DUI lawyer in Montezuma Georgia 31063. Been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
The chances of really beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Montezuma or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Montezuma Georgia will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Montezuma GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Montezuma Georgia.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Montezuma GA: What to Do If Charged With A DUI