Best DUI Lawyer in Preston Georgia 31824
Find Best DUI lawyer in Preston Georgia 31824. Been arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The odds of successfully beating a DUI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Preston or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Preston Georgia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Preston GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drinking under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Preston Georgia.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Preston GA: What to Do If Charged With A DUI