Best DUI Lawyer in Saint George Utah 84771
Find Best DUI lawyer in Saint George Utah 84771. Arrested for drunk driving in Utah? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The chances of successfully beating a DUI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Saint George or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The best DUI lawyer in Saint George Utah will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Saint George UT to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Utah Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Saint George Utah.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Lawyer in Saint George UT: What to Do If Charged With A DUI