DUI Lawyer in Bethesda Maryland 20827
Find DUI Lawyer in Bethesda Maryland 20827. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Bethesda Maryland who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Bethesda Maryland or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Bethesda will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Bethesda MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Bethesda DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Bethesda Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250