DUI Lawyer in Blairsville Georgia 30512
Find DUI Lawyer in Blairsville Georgia 30512. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Blairsville Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Blairsville Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Blairsville will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Blairsville GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Blairsville DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Blairsville Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250