Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Austin Texas 78717
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Austin Texas 78717. Have you been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions as a result of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated Criminal defense lawyers in Austin TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Austin or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Austin will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in Austin TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good lawyer in Austin.
Find someone who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Austin Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Trial Without Legal Representation