Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Bay City Texas 77404
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Bay City Texas 77404. Have you been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions because of of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated Criminal defense lawyers in Bay City TX who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Bay City or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Bay City will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a criminal defense lawyer in Bay City TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a criminal defense lawyer in Bay City.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Conditions of a DWI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Bay City Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DWI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Without Legal Representation