Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Houston Texas 77001
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Houston Texas 77001. Arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal defense lawyers in Houston TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Houston or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Houston will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DWI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in Houston TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good lawyer in Houston.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Conditions of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. DWI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Houston Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Trial Without a Lawyer