Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Port Bolivar Texas 77650
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Port Bolivar Texas 77650. Arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other consequences as a result of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal defense lawyers in Port Bolivar TX who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Port Bolivar or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Port Bolivar will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DWI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in Port Bolivar TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense lawyer in Port Bolivar.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Port Bolivar Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Trial Without a Lawyer