Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in San Antonio Texas 78285
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in San Antonio Texas 78285. Arrested for a DWI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions because of of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated Criminal defense lawyers in San Antonio TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in San Antonio or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in San Antonio will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in San Antonio TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a criminal defense lawyer in San Antonio.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in San Antonio Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DWI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Trial Without a Lawyer