Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Valera Texas 76884
Find Criminal Defense Lawyer in Valera Texas 76884. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal defense lawyers in Valera TX who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining The Best Criminal Defense Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a Criminal defense lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Valera or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Valera will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a criminal defense lawyer in Valera TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a criminal defense lawyer in Valera.
Find someone who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Conditions of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. DWI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Valera Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Charge
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Trial Without a Lawyer