Find Criminal Lawyer in Austin Texas 78701
Find Criminal Lawyer in Austin Texas 78701. Have you been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal lawyers in Austin TX who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring The Best Criminal Lawyer
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Austin or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Austin will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DWI lawyer in Austin TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense lawyer in Austin.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Austin Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DWI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone