Find Criminal Lawyer in Bay City Texas 77404
Find Criminal Lawyer in Bay City Texas 77404. Arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated Criminal lawyers in Bay City TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining The Best Criminal Lawyer
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Bay City or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Bay City will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DWI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DWI lawyer in Bay City TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense lawyer in Bay City.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Bay City Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Charge
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone