Find Criminal Lawyer in El Paso Texas 88573
Find Criminal Lawyer in El Paso Texas 88573. Arrested for a DWI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions because of of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated Criminal lawyers in El Paso TX who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring The Best Criminal Lawyer
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in El Paso or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in El Paso will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DWI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DWI lawyer in El Paso TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are important qualities in a good lawyer in El Paso.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving (DUI) Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in El Paso Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DWI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Without a Lawyer