Find Criminal Lawyer in Houston Texas 77054
Find Criminal Lawyer in Houston Texas 77054. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions because of of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced Criminal lawyers in Houston TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring The Best Criminal Lawyer
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Criminal defense lawyer in Houston or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced Criminal defense lawyer in Houston will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good Criminal defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DWI lawyer in Houston TX to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are important qualities in a good lawyer in Houston.
The best practice is to find an Criminal defense lawyer who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. DWI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Houston Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DWI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Criminal Defense Lawyer Explains Never to Go to Trial Without a Lawyer