DUI Lawyer in Dawson Georgia 39842
Find DUI Lawyer in Dawson Georgia 39842. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Dawson Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Dawson Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Dawson will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Dawson GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Dawson DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Dawson Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250