Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Birmingham Alabama
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Birmingham Alabama. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Alabama require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Birmingham AL who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Birmingham
The odds of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Birmingham is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Birmingham will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Birmingham drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Birmingham AL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alabama laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart Birmingham drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alabama Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Birmingham Alabama.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Birmingham Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why It’s Important to Have Good Legal Counsel in DUI Court