Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Cedar Mountain North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Mountain North Carolina. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Cedar Mountain NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Mountain
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Mountain is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Cedar Mountain will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Cedar Mountain drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Cedar Mountain NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a smart Cedar Mountain drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Cedar Mountain North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Cedar Mountain Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone