Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Colfax North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colfax North Carolina. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Colfax NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colfax
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colfax is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Colfax will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Colfax drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Colfax NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart Colfax drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Colfax North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colfax Explains Importance of Having a Drunk Driving Lawyer