Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Collettsville North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Collettsville North Carolina. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Collettsville NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Collettsville
The odds of really beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Collettsville is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Collettsville will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Collettsville drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Collettsville NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a smart Collettsville drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Collettsville North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Collettsville Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Have a Good Lawyer in Your Drunk Driving Case