Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colorado Springs Colorado
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colorado Springs Colorado. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Colorado require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Colorado Springs CO who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colorado Springs
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Colorado Springs is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Colorado Springs will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Colorado Springs drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Colorado Springs CO to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Colorado laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart Colorado Springs drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Colorado Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Colorado Springs Colorado.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Colorado Springs Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains The Importance of Having Good Legal Help in Court