Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Decatur Illinois
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Decatur Illinois. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Illinois require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Decatur IL who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Decatur
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Decatur is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Decatur will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Decatur drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Decatur IL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Illinois laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Decatur drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Illinois Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Decatur Illinois.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Decatur Explains Importance of Having a Drunk Driving Lawyer