Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Fort Bragg North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Fort Bragg North Carolina. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Fort Bragg NC who is focused on defending your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Fort Bragg
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Fort Bragg is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Fort Bragg will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Fort Bragg drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Fort Bragg NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Fort Bragg drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fort Bragg North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Fort Bragg Explains Why You Should Have a Good Lawyer in Your Drunk Driving Case