Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Frankfort Illinois
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Frankfort Illinois. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Illinois require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Frankfort IL who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Frankfort
The chances of really beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Frankfort is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Frankfort will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Frankfort drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Frankfort IL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Illinois laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Frankfort drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Illinois Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Frankfort Illinois.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Frankfort Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why It’s Important to Have Good Legal Counsel in DUI Court