Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Freeport New York
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Freeport New York. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in New York require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Freeport NY who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Freeport
The chances of successfully beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Freeport is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Freeport will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Freeport drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Freeport NY to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing New York laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart Freeport drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
New York Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Freeport New York.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Freeport Explains Importance of Not Going to Court Without a Good Lawyer