Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Glendale Heights Illinois
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Glendale Heights Illinois. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Illinois require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Glendale Heights IL who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Glendale Heights
The chances of really beating Ucharge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Glendale Heights is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Glendale Heights will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Glendale Heights drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Glendale Heights IL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Illinois laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Glendale Heights drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Illinois Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Glendale Heights Illinois.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Glendale Heights Explains Why It’s Important to Have Good Legal Counsel in DUI Court