Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Howell Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Howell Michigan. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Howell MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Howell
The chances of really beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Howell is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Howell will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Howell drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Howell MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Howell drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Howell Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Howell Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Got to Court Without a Good Lawyer