Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Macomb Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macomb Michigan. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Macomb MI who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macomb
The chances of successfully beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macomb is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Macomb will also knows the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Macomb drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Macomb MI to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a smart Macomb drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macomb Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macomb Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone