Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Macon North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macon North Carolina. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need good legal counsel to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Macon NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Hiring a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macon
The odds of successfully beating Ucharge are far and between if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macon is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Macon will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a good Macon drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Macon NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Macon drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Macon North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Macon Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone