Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Middleton Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Middleton Michigan. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Middleton MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Middleton
The odds of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Middleton is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Middleton will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Middleton drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Middleton MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a smart Middleton drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Middleton Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Middleton Explains Importance of Not Going to Court Without a Good Lawyer