Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Norman North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Norman North Carolina. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Norman NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Norman
The chances of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Norman is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Norman will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Norman drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in Norman NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a smart Norman drunk driving lawyer.
The best practice is to find an drunk driving accident lawyer who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Norman North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Norman Drunk Driving Lawyer Explains The Importance of Having Good Legal Help in Court