Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Petoskey Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Petoskey Michigan. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in Petoskey MI who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Petoskey
The odds of successfully beating Ucharge are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving privleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Petoskey is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Petoskey will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good Petoskey drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Petoskey MI to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a smart Petoskey drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Petoskey Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Cost of Drunk Driving Offenses
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Petoskey Explains Why You Should Not Got to Court Without a Good Lawyer