Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Pierson Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Pierson Michigan. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Pierson MI who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Pierson
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Pierson is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Pierson will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Pierson drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Pierson MI to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Pierson drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Pierson Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Pierson Explains Importance of Not Going to Court Without a Good Lawyer