Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Saint Helen Michigan
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Saint Helen Michigan. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from a good lawyer to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Michigan require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Saint Helen MI who is focused on representing your drunk driving defense case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Saint Helen
The odds of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Saint Helen is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Saint Helen will also knows the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good Saint Helen drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Saint Helen MI to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Michigan drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Saint Helen drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing drunk driving accident defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Michigan Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Saint Helen Michigan.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Saint Helen Explains Why You Should Not Got to Court Without a Good Lawyer