Find Drunk Driving Lawyer Sherrills Ford North Carolina
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sherrills Ford North Carolina. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help to get through this.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated drunk driving law firm in Sherrills Ford NC who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Advantages of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sherrills Ford
The chances of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sherrills Ford is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in Sherrills Ford will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a drunk driving injury charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good Sherrills Ford drunk driving lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a drunk driving lawyer in Sherrills Ford NC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina drunk driving laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Sherrills Ford drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Sherrills Ford North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in Sherrills Ford Explains Why You Should Not Got to Court Without a Good Lawyer