Find Drunk Driving Lawyer York Pennsylvania
Find Drunk Driving Lawyer in York Pennsylvania. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need good legal counsel to get through this.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Pennsylvania require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced drunk driving law firm in York PA who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
Benefits of Retaining a Good Drunk Driving Lawyer in York
The odds of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a drunk driving lawyer. A DUI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the Loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Lawyer in York is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced drunk driving injury lawyers in York will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. A good drunk driving lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good York drunk driving lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a drunk driving lawyer in York PA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Pennsylvania laws, having experience are important qualities in a smart York drunk driving lawyer.
Find someone who practices drunk driving accident exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Pennsylvania Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in York Pennsylvania.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Drunk Driving Lawyer in York Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone