Find DUI attorney in Lancaster Virginia 22503
Find DUI attorney in Lancaster Virginia 22503. Arrested for drunk driving in Virginia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers in Lancaster VA who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Lancaster Virginia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI attorneys in Lancaster VA will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Lancaster VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Lancaster DUI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Most states have mandatory penalties of a DUI conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lancaster Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250