Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Highland Springs Virginia 23075
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Highland Springs Virginia 23075. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Highland Springs Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Highland Springs Virginia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Highland Springs will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Highland Springs VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Highland Springs DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Highland Springs Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250